How To Nominate Your Favorite Novel(s) For A Grace Award
VOTING BEGINS DECEMBER 31, 2016 AT MIDNIGHT
READERS NOMINATE FINALISTS. THEN A PANEL OF JUDGES VOTE FOR A WINNER IN EACH CATEGORY.
Women’s Fiction/General Fiction — women’s and/or men’s issues, can have humor and/or suspense elements
Contemporary Romance/Historic Romance — the primary element is love/marriage, then or now
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historic Suspense — crime fiction, there’s probably a body
Speculative Fiction — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc
Action-Adventure/Western/Epic Fiction — exploits, quest, daring, expansive
Young Adult (YA) — includes Middle Grade and New Adult (NA)
**Note: submit Urban Fiction into the category where it best fits (ie, Speculative, Young Adult, etc.)
TYPES OF NOVELS READERS MAY CONSIDER: Traditional Christian, Inspirational, uber contemporary Christian, gritty Christian, and/or edgy Christian, stories from a Christian worldview, redemptive themed, biblical, Messianic, catholic, faith-based, Christian and/or Messianic mystical themes, values imbued, grace and forgiveness oriented, inspirational marriage/family friendly, depicting Christian lifestyle (can be struggling with it), spiritually and emotionally healing fiction…of 55 thousand words or more. At this time we do not have a category for anthologies.
WHO CAN VOTE FOR NOVELS:
Individuals (not organizations) readers who maintain a networking page (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, ShoutLife, Linkedin, Ning sites, a blog, etc.) created before November 1, 2016 and show activity.
If a novel is submitted in an incorrect category, the Board will move it to the correct category rather than discount the nomination. The Panel makes all decisions on what nominations will be accepted, but it is not our aim to exclude or disqualify, but rather to be inclusive.
Authors are readers too and can nominate, but you can NOT nominate your own novel(s). Please, please DON’T nominate against yourself. Simply nominate your favorite novel(s) in OTHER genre categories.
Editors, publishers, agents, cover artists can nominate, but not for a book they authored, co-authored, entered into a verbal or written contractual agreement for, or received compensation for.
Board members and judges can nominate, but not for their own novel(s).
CRITERIA FOR NOVELS:
Original novels presenting a Christian worldview written in English, published in hard cover, trade paperback, or in Ebook format.
Traditional publishers, Small press, Indie publishers, self-published works. To us, Pbooks and Ebooks all compete on the same level playing field.
The novel must have been released between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
Most of all, the novel must reach the highest of literary standards and add something of value to Christian, inspirational, faith-based fiction and to the world at large.
READER VOTING SUGGESTIONS:
1. Was the novel well written? Did the author use language correctly? Did it make sense?
2. Was the plotline logical? Did any plot turns surprise you? In a good way, as in what a surprise but this really works — or in a bad way, as in “Yikes” this doesn’t work at all?
3. Did the characters feel like living people? Could you identify with the characters and their situations in the novel? Were the scenes plausible?
4. How about pacing? Did you ever get bored?
5. Was the novel true to its setting: time, place?
6. Was the novel entertaining? Did it uplift, send you on an emotional roller coaster, have you on the edge of your seat, tickle your funny bone (depending on the category)?
7. Did the novel engage your Christian walk in a meaningful way? Did it depict Christian life in a plausible manner (in some genres, this would be symbolic)? Do you think the work adds something of literary value?
HOW TO NOMINATE:
- In an email, give title and author, category, and tell us in 40+ words why you like the book so much.
- Nominate in one category or all, only one novel per category. Do not nominate the same novel in more than one category.
- Give a link to your social networking site, web site, or blog. Must have been created before November 1, 2016.
- Email the above to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Women’s Fiction/General Fiction: Name of novel and author. In 40+ words, why did you like the book.
Contemporary Romance/Historical Romance: Name of novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historical Suspense: Name of novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Speculative Fiction — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc: Name of the novel and author. In 40+words, why you like the book.
Action-Adventure/Western/Epic Fiction: Name of the novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Young Audlt (YA): Name of the novel. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
You can nominate in one category, and/or all six (6) categories. Email you nomination(s) to: email@example.com