Reader Nominations Begin!!! ~ Grace Awards 2016
The seventh annual Grace Awards is thrilled to announce that reader voting for Finalists commenced on December 31, 2016 and will end at midnight and ends February 28, 2017.
Wow! Get in on it!!!
The Grace Awards is reader driven. That means in the first round readers vote for their favorite novels and chose “Finalists” in five literary categories.
WHO CAN VOTE FOR NOVELS:
Individuals (not organizations). Readers who maintain a networking page (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, Linkedin, Ning sites, a blog, etc.) created before November 1, 2016. We check each link to verify there’s a real person there.
Readers can only vote in all six (6) categories, but only for ONE novel in each category.
Authors are also readers and can vote, but not for their own novel(s). Please, please DON’T vote against yourself, simply vote in the OTHER genre categories for novels you deem worthy.
Editors, publishers, agents, cover artists can vote, but not for a book they authored or co-authored, entered into a verbal or written agreement for, or received compensation for.
Board members and judges can vote, but not for their own novel(s).
TYPES OF NOVELS READERS MAY CONSIDER: Traditional Christian, Inspirational, realistic and/or gritty Christian and edgy Christian, stories from a Christian worldview, redemptive themed, biblical, Messianic, catholic, faith-based, Christian and/or Messianic mystical themes, values imbued, grace and forgiveness oriented, inspirational marriage and family friendly, depicting Christian lifestyle (can be struggling with it), spiritually and emotionally healing fiction…of 55 thousand words or more. At this time we do not have a category for anthologies.
CRITERIA FOR NOVELS:
Original novels presenting a Christian worldview written in English, published in hard cover, trade paperback, or in Ebook format.
Traditional publishers, Small press, Indie publishers, self-published works. To us, Pbooks and Ebooks all compete on the same level playing field.
The novel must have been released between January 1, 2016 and December 31, 2016.
Most of all, the novel must reach the highest of literary standards and add something of value to Christian, inspirational, faith and values based fiction, and to the world at large.
Women’s Fiction/General Fiction – women’s issues and/or men’s issues, can have humor and suspense elements
Contemporary Romance/Historic Romance — the primary element is love/marriage, then or now
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller — crime fiction, there’s probably a body
Speculative — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc
Action/Adventure/Western/Epic Fiction — exploits, quest, daring, expansive
Young Adult (YA) — includes middle grade, young adult, and new adult (NA)
**Note: submit Urban Fiction into the category where it best fits (ie, Women’s Fiction, Young Adult, etc.)
READER VOTING SUGGESTIONS:
1. Was the novel well written? Did the author use language correctly? Did it make sense?
2. Was the plotline logical? Did any plot turns surprise you? In a good way, as in what a surprise but this really works — or in a bad way, as in “Yikes” this doesn’t work at all?
3. Did the characters feel like living people? Could you identify with the characters and their situations in the novel? Were the scenes plausible?
4. How about pacing? Did you ever get bored?
5. Was the novel true to its setting: time, place?
6. Was the novel entertaining? Did it uplift, send you on an emotional roller coaster, have you on the edge of your seat, tickle your funny bone (depending on the category)?
7. Did the novel engage your Christian walk in a meaningful way? Did it depict Christian life in a plausible manner (in some genres, this would be symbolic)? Do you think the work adds something of literary value?
HOW TO NOMINATE FINALIST(S):
- Give title and author, category, and tell us 40+ words why you like the book so much.
- Nominate in one category or all, only one novel per category, only one nomination per novel.
- Give a link to your social networking site, web site, or blog. Must have been created before November 1, 2016.
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
USE A FORMAT SOMETHING LIKE THIS…(y0u can copy what is in blue and email it with entry or entries.
Women’s Fiction/General Fiction: Name of novel and author. In 40+ words, why did you like the book.
Contemporary Romance/Historical Romance: Name of novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historical Suspense: Name of novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Speculative Fiction — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc: Name of the novel and author. In 40+words, why you like the book.
Action-Adventure/Western/Historic Epic Fiction: Name of the novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Young Audlt (YA): Name of the novel. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
After you chose in which category/ies you want to nominate a novel, copy and answer the simple questions and email to email@example.com
HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH LOTS OF GREAT READING!!!