Christian Authors:Write a Novel in 2015?~ You’re eligible to be nominated for a Grace Award
LET YOUR READERS KNOW!!!
If you don’t tell them, how will they know?
The Grace Awards prohibits Christian authors from “waging a campaign.” Simply telling your readers you novel is eligible is not waging a campaign. It’s providing information.
WHO CAN VOTE FOR NOVELS:
Individuals (not organizations). Readers who maintain a networking page (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, Linkedin, Ning sites, a blog, etc.) created before November 1, 2015. We check each link to verify there’s a real person there.
- Readers can only vote for ONE novel in each category.
- Readers can only ONCE for a novel.
- If a novel is submitted in an incorrect category, Grace Awards will move it to the correct category rather than discount the nomination.
Authors are also readers and can vote, but not for their own novel(s). DON’T vote against yourself, simply vote in the other genre categories for novels you deem worthy.
Editors, publishers, agents can vote, but not for a book they authored or co-authored.
Board members and judges can vote, but not for their own novel(s).
TYPES OF NOVELS READERS MAY CONSIDER: Traditional Christian, Inspirational, realistic and/or gritty Christian and edgy Christian, stories from a Christian worldview, redemptive themed, biblical, Messianic, catholic, faith-based, Christian and/or Messianic mystical themes, values imbued, grace and forgiveness oriented, marriage and family friendly, depicting Christian lifestyle (can be struggling with it), spiritually and emotionally healing fiction…of 55 thousand words or more. At this time we do not have a category for anthologies.
CRITERIA FOR NOVELS:
Original novels presenting a Christian worldview written in English, published in hard cover, trade paperback, or in Ebook format.
Traditional publishers, Small press, Indie publishers, self-published works. To us, Pbooks and Ebooks all compete on the same level playing field.
The novel must have been released between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
Most of all, the novel must reach the highest of literary standards and add something of value to Christian, inspirational, faith and values based fiction, and to the world at large.
Women’s Fiction/General Fiction – women’s issues and/or men’s issues, can have humor and suspense elements
Contemporary Romance/Historic Romance — the primary element is love/marriage, then or now
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historic Suspense — crime fiction, there’s probably a body
Speculative — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc
Action/Adventure/Western/Epic Fiction — exploits, quest, daring, expansive
Young Adult (YA) — includes Middle Grade and New Adult (NA)
**Note: submit Urban Fiction into the category where it best fits (ie, Women’s Fiction, Young Adult, etc.)
READER VOTING SUGGESTIONS:
1. Was the novel well written? Did the author use language correctly? Did it make sense?
2. Was the plotline logical? Did any plot turns surprise you? In a good way, as in what a surprise but this really works — or in a bad way, as in “Yikes” this doesn’t work at all?
3. Did the characters feel like living people? Could you identify with the characters and their situations in the novel? Were the scenes plausible?
4. How about pacing? Did you ever get bored?
5. Was the novel true to its setting: time, place?
6. Was the novel entertaining? Did it uplift, send you on an emotional roller coaster, have you on the edge of your seat, tickle your funny bone (depending on the category)?
8. Did the novel engage your Christian walk in a meaningful way? Did it depict Christian life in a plausible manner (in some genres, this would be symbolic)? Do you think the work adds something of literary value?
HOW TO NOMINATE FINALIST(S):
- Give title and author, category, and tell us 40+ words why you like the book so much.
- Nominate in one category or all, only one novel per category, only one nomination per novel.
- Give a link to your social networking site, web site, or blog. Must have been created before November 1, 2015.
- Email the above to: email@example.com
Women’s Fiction/General Fiction: title of novel and author. In 40+ words, why did you like the book.
Contemporary Romance/Historical Romance: title of novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historical Suspense: title of novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Speculative Fiction — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc: title of the novel and author. In 40+words, why you like the book.
Action-Adventure/Western/Historic Epic Fiction: title of the novel and author. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
Young Audlt (YA): title of the novel. In 40+ words, why you like the book.
After you chose in which category/ies you want to nominate a novel, copy and answer the simple questions and email to firstname.lastname@example.org