December 31st Kicks Off Reader Voting ~ Grace Awards 2012
The third annual Grace Awards is thrilled to announce that reader voting for Finalists will commence on December 31, 2012 at midnight and ends February 28, 2012.
Wow! It’s a New Year’s Eve cyber voting party! Join in the fun!
The Grace Awards is reader driven. That means in the first round readers vote for their favorite novels and chose “Finalists” in five literary categories.
WHO CAN VOTE FOR NOVELS:
Individuals (not organizations). Readers who maintain a networking page (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Goodreads, ShoutLife, Linkedin, Ning sites, etc.) created before November 1, 2012. We check each link to verify there’s a real person there.
Readers can only vote for ONE novel in each category.
Authors are also readers and can vote, but not for their own novel(s). DON’T vote against yourself, simply vote in the other genre categories for novels you deem worthy.
Editors, publishers, agents can vote, but not for a book they authored or co-authored.
Board members and judges can vote, but not for their own novel(s).
TYPES OF NOVELS READERS MAY CONSIDER: Traditional Christian, Inspirational, realistic and/or gritty Christian and edgy Christian, stories from a Christian worldview, redemptive themed, biblical, messianic, catholic, faith-based, values imbued, grace and forgiveness oriented, marriage and family friendly, depicting Christian lifestyle (can be struggling with it), spiritually and emotionally healing, mystical and mythic fiction.
CRITERIA FOR NOVELS:
Original novels presenting a Christian worldview written in English, published in hard cover, trade paperback, or in Ebook format.
Traditional publishers, Small press, Indie publishers, self-published works. To us, Pbooks and Ebooks all compete on the same level playing field.
The novel must have been released between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2012.
Most of all, the novel must reach the highest of literary standards and add something of value to Christian, inspirational, faith and values based fiction, and to the world at large.
Women’s Fiction – serious women’s issues, can have humor and/or suspense elements
Contemporary Romance/Historic Romance — the primary element is love/marriage, then or now
Mystery/Romantic Suspense/Thriller/Historic Suspense — crime fiction, there’s probably a body
Speculative — sci-fi, fantasy, horror, etc
Action/Adventure, Western, Historic Epic Fiction — exploits, quest, daring, expansive
Young Adult (YA) — appeals to ages 12 – 22-ish
**Note: submit Urban Fiction into the category where it best fits (ie, Women’s Fiction, Young Adult, etc.)
READER VOTING SUGGESTIONS:
1. Was the novel well written? Did the author use language correctly? Did it make sense?
2. Was the plotline logical? Did any plot turns surprise you? In a good way, as in what a surprise but this really works — or in a bad way, as in “Yikes” this doesn’t work at all?
3. Did the characters feel like living people? Could you identify with the characters and their situations in the novel? Were the scenes plausible?
4. How about pacing? Did you ever get bored?
5. Was the novel true to its setting: time, place?
6. Was the novel entertaining? Did it uplift, send you on an emotional roller coaster, have you on the edge of your seat, tickle your funny bone (depending on the category)?
8. Did the novel engage your Christian walk in a meaningful way? Did it depict Christian life in a plausible manner (in some genres, this would be symbolic)? Do you think the work adds something of literary value?
HOW TO VOTE:
Readers MUST use the Official Grace Awards Voting Ballot 2012. It is an electronic ballot with questions that MUST be answered fully and emailed to the Grace Awards.
To obtain an Official Grace Awards Voting Ballot 2012 click on this link. https://graceawardsdotorg.wordpress.com/official-reader-voting-ballot/
After you chose which categories you want to vote in answer the questions for those categories, copy, and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH LOTS OF GREAT READING!!!